We've been serving parents across the GTA since 2004!We've learned a thing or two in that time.
COVID-19 and working with doulas
COVID-19 is changing how we all work and live. It’s no different for us, but you’re still having a baby and still need this valuable support. For that reason we will continue to offer our in-home care. As professionals, here is what we will commit to:
- Practice social distancing outside of client support
- Wash hands thoroughly at home before we come to you, and again on arrival at your home, and frequently throughout each day
- Avoid touching our eyes, nose, mouth
- Use your cleaning products to wipe down surfaces in your home when we arrive, and again before we leave
- Change clothes before we come to your home, and between clients
- Check ourselves daily for fever, and before we come to you
- Bring nothing from the outside into your home (baby carriers, bags, blankets, etc.)
- Cancel immediately (and send a backup doula) if we or anyone in our home, or anyone whom we’ve been in contact with, shows symptoms
- Wear gloves while we are in your home, if you’d prefer
- Provide physical distancing even within your home, if you’d prefer – we can offer guidance and ideas, give breastfeeding support, prepare food, fold laundry, and do household organization from a distance while you rest and snuggle with your baby; we can have as little or as much contact with the baby as you’d prefer
- Provide virtual support, if you’d prefer (guidance and ideas, processing, emotional support, breastfeeding information can all be given virtually)
We will also rely on you to let US know if anyone in your family has had any exposure to anyone with the virus, has traveled within the pat 14 days, or has any signs of illness.
- Becoming a parent is tough
- We all want what’s best for our babies
- We can all do with less stress and anxiety
- Many of us are afraid to ask for help
- There’s no ONE way that works for everyone
We’ve used our years of experience (since 2004) and our AMAZING team here at Discover Birth to create services that will help you in a way that’s right for you. We know that this might be new for you. And maybe you’re not sure if it’ll be worth your time and money. Well we ARE sure. We’re so sure that if you’re not happy with any service you’ve purchased from us that we’ll make it right until you are.
We provide overnight support all across the Greater Toronto Area, Durham, Kawarthas and Northumberland.
Overnight support is our most popular service because we ALL need our sleep! When a new mother is trying to recover from birth, it can be helpful to have someone come and take care of the baby so she can sleep.
Sleep is a major factor in both physical and mental well-being.
Who are our Night Nurses?
Our night nurse service is provided by mature and experienced postpartum doulas. This is the highest level of training and experience you can find for someone to take care of your new baby. We specialize in newborn care, behaviour, sleep, as well as the added bonus of specializing in breastfeeding/feeding support, and adaptation to parenthood.
How does it work?
We begin each night by discussing how the day went, helping a family by answering any baby care questions, feeding questions, and just touching base with how you’re feeling. We will then take care of your baby(ies) for the entire evening so you can get some sleep. Our shift typically runs from 10pm to 6am.
Do you work with twins?
Of course! All the time. Many of our doulas are twin experts!
Is there a minimum number of nights?
No! Of course not. Whether you need help for one night because you’re not feeling well or 3 months, we can help you.
How much does the service cost?
Our fee is $280/night. Save $10 per night if you prebook 30 or more nights. Overnight is considered childcare and you will be given a childcare receipt. There is also no HST on overnight support – bonus!
How can I book you?
Just call us to get things started. If you’re booking for several shifts, we can send you a couple of doulas to meet so you can pick the one that’s the best fit for your family. If it’s just for one or two nights, we’ll send you our best doula with availability!
Because this is our MOST popular service we encourage you to book in advance as much as possible so your dates are reserved.
Call us today to get started!
“I used another company with my last son. I was never sure if the doula was going to show-up or not! It was so frustrating trying to find back-up at a moment’s notice. Working with Discover Birth was a completely different experience! I had a team of 4 doulas that got to know me and my baby and who worked with us for 4 months, 7 days a week. They kept each other up-to-date every day about how the baby was doing so everyone was always on the same page! It was night and day compared to my previous experience working with independent doulas. I felt so comfortable and confident with their level of experience, which is a MUST for a new mom to trust her baby to someone.”