Childbirth Prenatal Class
$75.00 – $200.00
LIVE Online Prenatal Classes
All of our in-person classes are now available online! Dynamic and engaging online platform. Learn what you need to know and ask questions.
Lots of dates to choose from.
Here are a few reasons to take Discover Birth classes:
- You’re busy and having a hard time finding time to sit down with your partner and talk about this important experience
- You’re nervous about your upcoming birth experience
- You’re excited about birth and want to know how to make it the best it can be
- You want to avoid a lot of unnecessary interventions (and reduce your chance of caesarean section)
See class dates below
LIVE Online Prenatal Classes
All of our classes are now available online! Dynamic and engage online platform. Learn what you need to know and ask questions.
You don't know what you don't know!
Isn't hindsight always 20/20? How often do you say to yourself "if I knew then what I know now"? Well, we've been there and now we're on a mission to educate, inform, inspire, and make you laugh your butt off through your childbirth prenatal class!
We're so sure that you'll learn something in our childbirth classes that if you think you haven't we'll refund your fee!*
Some of your friends might say their prenatal classes were a waste of time. Well we're sure they didn't take OUR classes. Our childbirth classes are fun, dynamic, interactive, and chock full of great USEFUL information.
Please select the topics and dates that work best for you.
We've now broken-up our full-day class into 3 shorter classes.
Here's what we cover:
Class 1: Comfort Measures, Labour Support and Birth 101
Class dates include: May 10, June 8, July 5, Sept 7, Oct 12 and Nov 9
- Late pregnancy health and wellness (nutrition, exercise) and anatomy
- Physical and emotional aspects of labour and birth
- Coping strategies and comfort measures (including: positioning to facilitate the normal progress of labor and birth, massage techniques to ease the pain of labour and enhance relaxation, understanding the use of heat, cold, pressure and hydrotherapy)
- Relaxation skills for use during labour and after pregnancy to relieve stress
- Understanding the importance and role of support and the impact on the childbirth experience
Class 2: Medications, Interventions and Informed Decision
Class dates include: May 17, June 15, July 12, Sept 14, Oct 19 and Nov 16
- Awareness and informed decision-making, navigating when plans change
- Communication skills for the pregnant person with their partner and the members of her health care team
- Medications and medical interventions (what will be available to you at the hospital you are choosing)
Class 3: Preparing for Postpartum, Baby care, and feeding baby
Class dates include: Jan 28, Mar 18, May 27, June 24, July 23, Sept 23, Oct 28 and Nov 25
- Baby Care basics (Bathing, clothing, diapering options)
- Soothing and comforting your baby
- Normal newborn behaviours
- How to help your baby sleep longer
- Breastfeeding basics. Feeding cues, patterns, and what to expect in the first month
- Get organized – tips for a stress free month after baby arrives
- Relationship tips and tricks – communication and expectations
- It takes a Village – Support options and why its important to have help
- Baby wearing – benefits
You want to feel confident as you head into the BIGGEST EXPERIENCE OF YOUR LIFE. Price is per couple (feel free to also invite other support people who will be with you at your birth).
Please add each class you'd like to register for to your cart/basket before checkout. You can also add all 3 classes at a discounted rate!
Price: $75 per couple per class
Bundle pricing: $200 for all 3 classes
We are committed to supporting the families of our community. If you can’t afford our regular prices and need support please call or email us for support on a sliding scale, 1-877-BIRTH36 (247-8436).
Want to know more about our classes? Click here to go back to our page with FAQs along the bottom.
|Class Type & Date||
Comfort Measures May 10, Medications & Interventions: May 17, Baby Care: May 27, Bundle (all 3) May 2023, Comfort Measures June 8, Medications & Interventions: June 15, Baby Care: June 24, Bundle (all 3) June 2023, Comfort Measures July 5, Medications & Interventions: July 12, Baby Care: July 22, Bundle (all 3) July 2023, Comfort Measures Sept 7, Medications & Interventions: Sept 14, Baby Care: Sept 23, Bundle (all 3) Sept 2023, Comfort Measures Oct 12, Medications & Interventions: Oct 19, Baby Care: Oct 28, Bundle (all 3) Oct 2023, Comfort Measures Nov 9, Medications & Interventions: Nov 16, Baby Care: Nov 25, Bundle (all 3) Nov 2023